Year 5 & 6 Transition
Thank you very much for your interest in the Kimberley School.
If your child is in Year 6 and has a place to join us in September…
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you into our school community.
Please see the links below for our comprehensive guides on starting at the Kimberley School for both you and your child.
We also thought it would be helpful to bring together some important information about transition activities that are happening in June and July.
- Parents and carers should have already received an invitation for your child to attend the two induction clubs. If you haven’t yet responded to this then you can do so using this online form
- Full details of the school uniform for September 2018 are available on our website using this link. The website sets out where you can buy the uniform. There are also two uniform “pop-up” shops at the school on Wednesday 18th July from 3 – 6pm and Thursday 19th July 3 – 6pm. Please do not purchase a school tie until we have told you the tutor group and house your child will be in.
- All Year 6 students will be attending Induction Days at Kimberley School on Thursday 12th and Friday 13th July. The first day will concentrate on getting to know their tutor and other students in their tutor group. The day will include assembly, team-building activities and a tour around the school. On day two, the students will take part in a series of normal lessons across the school; current year 7 students will support both days. The information below should help you prepare for the induction days:
- Students should arrive in time to be in the school hall at 8.40am on each day.
- Both days finish at 2:50pm
- Students can then make their own way home or you can collect them from the front of school.
- They will need a pen and pencil and should wear their primary school uniform
- School meals can be purchased with cash on the induction days or alternatively you can provide a packed lunch. Students on free school meals will have a meal provided for them.
- Parents and Carers are invited to attend an Induction Evening at 6:00pm on Thursday 12th July. This evening is for parents and carers only and we would be grateful if your child did not attend the event. This will be an opportunity for you to meet key staff including your child’s tutor and to understand what you can do to support your child in making a successful start to life at Kimberley School in September.
- Our website does contain all details of the school calendar for 2018-2019. The most important date for you to be aware of is that school starts for all students on Tuesday 4th September 2018.
If your child is currently in Year 5 or below, and you’re interested in The Kimberley School…
We will be holding an open evening, and an open morning and afternoon in September 2018
where you will be able to look around the school, and find out more about what we have to offer.
We also are more than happy to accomodate tours of the school with our current students at alternative
times. Simply contact us as listed below with this request to make more suitable arrangements.
If you have any further questions or queries then please do not hesitate to get in touch with us by calling 0115 938 7000 or sending an email to email@example.com.